Tuesday, April 8, 2014

5th place at Hollywood Half Marathon

1:13:09 was showing the clock when I crossed the finish line on the world most famous red carpet!
We were more than 7,500 athletes to run 13.1 miles through Hollywood!
I wasn't expecting much from this marathon, as on the last weeks my focus has been really in the swimming pool, and its not rare the days where my longest mileage comes from the water. An evidence of that is my white forehead, covered by the swimming cap on most of my workouts! Lol
(I am the second by the left side, or easier, the white forehead!) Lol
 
I had the goal to motivate my friends (from the picture above). But I ended up putting a lot more effort when I saw that I had a great chance to podium!

I run as fast as I could through the finish line as the 6th place was only 20 secs behind myself.

We all had a great time, a bit sore, but still happy!!
Specially after a great recovery BBQ celebration!!
I like the idea of active recovery, but I am not anti-social, so by the end of the day the trainer was right there, in front of the fireplace where we chatted for a long and great time!! ;)

Recovery was also one of the topics on the elite panel hosted for all runners at the Hollywood Palladium on the day before the race. I will be soon posting a video from it at my YouTube channel!
I am not sure if I spoke well, but I know I was looking good!! Lol
Thanks to Mr. Turk's jacket!!
 
You don't follow me on YouTube!? Click on the picture above, subscribe and be inside all of my last races, trips and workout videos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment