Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Big Fight for the Olympics

The Brazilian federation is getting famous for selecting athletes with no determined criterium. Is it called a technical criterium and there is no trials for the major races.

Luckily there is a criterium for the Olympic Games of 2016, but still having no established trials for the Panamerican Games of 2015. As for the South American Games on this year, there were nothing to explain why those athletes deserved to be there.
Curiously on the first working day after my National Championship win, the Brazilian Federation changed the pattern (Official Note #05) of using the National Ranking, to use the ITU Ranking, on selecting athletes for the Pan-American Championship to be raced on May 31st (5 weeks from now). I rose up in the national Ranking, but by only 16 points, two athletes coached by the Federative Official overcome myself on the ITU Ranking.
(National Brazilian Ranking)
 
I know there is only two ways (the easy one and the fair one). I am sticked to the tough path, and I really don`t mind if they pull me out of races, as it has happened before. I feel the need to express myself, I have my conscious and my value, which I pay the price on every day routine. I am a big believer of the Divine Providence.
 
I do hope that the Federation Officials take this post as a constructive criticism for future fair and objective trials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment