Monday, April 21, 2014

2x Brazilian National Champion 2010 & 2014!!

It has been four years since my last race and win at the Brazilian Championship.
 
With the JK Bridge on the background and a really hilly course, plus the hot and dry weather was a perfect combination for a tough and beautiful venue in Brasília, DF, the Brazilian Capital!
The Champions! Pic: MundoTRI
 
I was not in my best day, I've been training a lot, specially swimming, so I was not at the ideal tapering. But Coach Siri has taught me the fastest races can be the most painful ones!
 
Passing the first buoy (600y) I started feeling better and came out of the water with the second pack. On the bike, we quickly reached the first guys to become the leading pack with about 15 athletes. I tried a few breakaways but the SESI team has shown no one would escape easily and more, no one would finish the bike leg easily, as they were pushing some considerable hundred watts on those climbs!!  
The consequences of climbing are the decends and my on my computer was registered a speed of 84,5 km/h (53mph)!
 
Due to the heat, I started to run conservatively and got close to the leaders only by the mark of 3 kilometers, when I attacked ensuring the victory!
Having no support from my federation, it was really good to win a Championship here!! :)
On this post I want to register my grateful feeling from everyone who has motivated me to workout hard and race harder!! Im even grateful to my federation, with the reverse psychology! Lol
 
I have so many friends that support me that I will not even try to write names down, I am pretty sure I would forget someone on these minutes today, but certainly tomorrow I will bring the good energy and best regards into all those long hours of workouts! 

1 comment: