Thursday, October 31, 2013

"I just want to be the best I can be." Siri Lindley

With the help of the altitude (1900m), I was having a hard time to swim, plus being almost the last athlete I was nothing motivated to finish this carrera...
Actually I was really ready to quit (maybe I was not good enough!?) but suddenly I thought about my coach, Siri Lindley, always says "Just do the best you can for this day, with no worries about results...". Siri has won her first World Cup on a day that she was the last athlete out of the water. What an amazing athlete, example, and coach!
So then my thought became that I had to overtake at least a dozen of my opponents... :)
 
Eventually we also race because we like to "play", and on this way I was climbing those Guatape mountais as fast as I could, doing the turns and counting the people I would pass by next, exactly like a game (as it should be). Making legs and lungs burn and also having fun on the downhill sharp turns at 35 mph. Afterwards running a consistent 10k for 36'39", catching a few more positions and from being 45th out of the water, I ended up in 27th on the Colombian World Cup!
Interviewed by coloradotriathlon.com, Siri explains that just doing your better with no expectations on results, is a lot easier and less pressure than having a goal like winning a race, or making the team, or chasing points.

After such a long time injured and blessed by having Siri as my coach, this race was a great step on gaining confidence, specially on the bike where I was having the most hard time during this season.

Looking forward for the next race by Rio Triathlon on November 10th at Rio de Janeiro!!

No comments:

Post a Comment