Saturday, October 12, 2013

Good Feeling!!

On September 30th was LA Triathlon day!!

It was not one of my best races in terms of performance, but surely a great one as far as sensation concerns. I felt great, and could push a strong race pace, besides I was not at peak of performance, I had not felt this great in ages!
On the picture above I am with my dear friends Bobby, who raced as well, and Valerie who was cheering for us!!

I finished in 7th place, and was very happy specially on feeling no more injury signs, after 8 months fighting with knee and hips.

The weather has been great here in Los Angeles, and with a great physical harmony I can't wait for every other training day!

On the following week (Oct 6th), I also joined the Santa Monica 5000!
I ran 5k in 16'01" (click here for results!)

A great fator on feeling so healthy for sure was the contribution of the nutritionist Megan Forbes, who I had the chance to meet while staying in Boulder, Co.

Since then, I have a very interesting meal plan. After a blood testing I got a food panel, and all the bad foods were excluded from my menu, as they could react negatively to my blood. So now, my recovery system will not lose time fighting food inflammations, whereas will boost muscular regeneration after hard workouts. 

The bad news is that I can`t eat more cashew, strawberry and malt!! I have also to be careful and use a rotation plan for another 30 foods that I have a moderate sensitivity.

A great thing about having Megan Forbes as my dietician is that she also does online consultations and follow ups, so if I have nutritional questions or even need to re-test my blood, I am covered in any US city!! #Prettyawesome!
For more info, check her website out: http://www.forbesnutritionalconsulting.com/

Back to races, due to a change of ITU (International Triathlon Union) calendar, I am pulling out from Oceanside and San Diego competitions. And now on I will be focused entirely on the Colombian World Cup to be raced on the new date of October 27th.

Hasta pronto Guatape!!

No comments:

Post a Comment