Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Enjoying Mooloolaba, Australia!

I felt very lucky to be hosted by two new great friends William and James, while I was racing the Mooloolaba ITU World Cup. Australia itself is fantastic and a perfect place for triathletes! I did most of my swim and run workouts at Kawana Island (gorgeus site) and also rode my bike around the Sunshine Coast, passing by amazing beaches landscapes and also pretty comic names like Sugar Bag Rd, and Dicky Beach! Lol
But only from land and water would not be enough to know that portion of Queensland...
"Captain" James gave me a ride to see it from a different point of view!
What a fantastic tour with great panoramic views and I could even drive the aircraft for a little while!
We took off from Caboolture airport and headed to the Glasshouse Mountains, following to the coast.
Impresive scenery from above and down Bribie Island we could spot two old World War II bunkers used to spot Japanese submarines and ships.
Then we headed to Caloundra, Kings Beach and all the way up to Point Cartwright near Mooloolaba, where I raced just the day before.
Fantastic!! Here is a collection of  the sights,it also includes my brilliant idea (already patented) for an airplane bike rack...
 On the way back we stop over Australia Zoo.
It was just a quick stop, but enough time to make a couple giraffe friends!! Lol

Already in New Plymouth, NZ. From where I will be posting soon, and Racing the World Cup triathlon race on this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment