Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day II, part I: Bungyyy!


With beautiful views such as this, the 200 mile drive passed quickly!!
My friends were not on vacation yet, so I left early for a solo trip to the famous Taupo's Bungy!! 
Once I got there, I did not have time to be afraid! 
With no line, in 5 minutes, I was already getting ready to jump... 
Everything was amazing!! Here I am on the platform...
I hesitated for a couple seconds, but jumped... Myyy Gossh!!
I could feel Death so close; that was really nerve-racking!!
I couldn't even scream.  I felt like I was suffocating, seeing the lake approach so quickly...
It is only three seconds but felt like an eternity, at almost 60 mph!!
Getting into the water was a relief.  The entry was so soft and when I opened my eyes again, I was already close to 25 yards up... Wheww! Another shock!! lol

A bit more calm, I could yell a "Wohooo!!"  It felt like my heart exploded in my chest!! Today my heart is certainly at least an inch bigger!! hahaha

When the boat picked me up, the feeling was beyond description; it felt like being born again.  I was alive, even light-headed, and not able to control my breath! hehehe

I ran to the platform laughing at nothing, thinking only about doing it again... The second one was half price and after a 200 miles drive, I thought it would be worth it. I also thought the second one would be easier... (I was completely wrong!)

I bought the nonrefundable ticket, and on the platform's first step I realized how bad my idea was...
I was still traumatized by the death sensation... It took me longer to jump, but I would not give up!! 

Take a look and listen to the frightened scream I made once there was no ground beneath me...
All is well that ends well, I guess.  After bungy, I drove towards Mount Maunganui, another awesome beach, where I climbed a hill with stunning views!! I will post the pictures soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment