Monday, November 28, 2011

Day One!!

Marie loaned me the car and I spent the morning getting used to driving on the left hand side of the road!!
I drove to Auckland to pick up my Slovakian friend, and we went towards Piha!!
Beeeeautiful place, like almost all of NZ!!
The Lion Rock!!
Richard was inspired by the stunning view!! lol
The beaches are composed of volcanic rock . . .
Awesome views!!! (click on it to enlarge the pic!!)
Teletransportation Door!! waaahhhh!! lol
We returned home; it was time to pack the bike and luggage, and say goodbye... 
Nooo way!! I couldn't go away like that!! There were so many places to visit and so many moments to laugh with my new best friends!! I called the airline and changed my ticket!! 

This was the beginning of 3 intense days!! 
The same afternoon I joined Marie into a 90 min Body Combat class. It almost killed me; my arms normally used only to swim were really sore with the unfamiliar movements!!  
After the grueling body combat class, Sergey and Renata were ready for the transition to squash with rackets in hand! Can you imagine how my shoulders felt afterwards??! lol
We recharged our batteries at a Korean BBQ!!
We finished the day climbing a mountain, which provided this awesome panoramic view of Auckland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment