Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No air at the Colombian World Cup!!

More or less, this represents the air missing from my rear tire (photo taken swimming in México)!
Less than 5 miles in and I experienced the same scene from 5 months ago.  My tire was flat, again . . . How, my father wondered, could lighting strike the same place twice?!
The only two flats I had racing in 2011 were at Guatapé...
(Guatapé in June...)

I wish I could say "this was my best", but I could not say that... I raced my best at the 13 ITU races, but no performance could match my regular workouts.
I peaked at the LA Triathlon, which was not an ITU race.  During that race, I used Siri's 'loving it' psychology to release all my abilities for racing.  Because of that experience, I was ready at Guatapé until the flat . . .

Unfortunately, mechanical failure is a part of sport.  Fortunately, in the sporting world, future events offer the opportunity to overcome it.

So my last chance for points in 2011 awaits in Auckland, NZD
Let' s go for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment