Friday, November 18, 2011

2nd place at Malibu Half Marathon!!

Woke up at 5am on that day, and while still dark I got a ride with my good friends Renata and Chris to the start of Malibu's Half Marathon.

Was a beautiful day and the beach, which follows the whole course, was wonderful!
I already did some half marathons in a couple half ironmans, but this was my first just running race!!

My goal was doing an intense workout, but I could not destroy myself, once I would be racing on the next weekend a Triathlon World Cup, so I started holding a conservative pace...
This race was quite hilly, and about to reach half way I was catching the 2nd athlete. We ran side by side for some minutes, so I pushed it hard and at one of the climbs he couldn't keep up with the faster pace.

My coach, Siri, was driving and cheering the whole course, so I ran always faster and faster!!

Crossed the finish line for the 2nd place, with 1h15min to complete the 13miles...
(Renata and Me with our finish medals!!)

On the same day I was boarding to New Zeland, 13h flight and 21h time zone change!!!

As soon as I arrived on my friends house, another Brazilian called Renata and Muria, were getting ready for a 5k run... So guess what! I was heading for another race!! 

Tuesday at 6:20pm around 500 people were lining in the start, at this time I took really easy! And just for fun I finished the 5k in 22 minutes, maybe in a top 50!!

The next one should be the Auckland World Cup, on November 20th!!

The race will be broadcast live on the channel "one" (from NZD).
We are suppose to start at 2:45pm local time (17:45 of Saturday at Los Angeles).
The girls race starts at 12:05pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment