Saturday, December 17, 2011

Last day - Museum of Auckland

My last breakfast in New Zealand, with the required reading for anyone who lived in Maire's house.
Trying to understand some of life's soap operas!
 The day started raining, so I planned to visiting the Museum of Auckland!!
Plenty of Maroris culture and symbols...
Maoris were the Indians, or aborigenes who lived in Nova Zelândia before the arrival of Europeans.
 The word "maori", in the Maori's language means the distinction between gods or mortal humans...
 There were some crazy Indians there too! hahaha
The Haka, a Maori dance, was used to show the men's stamina and force. The New Zealand rugby national team traditionally dances a similar version to intimidate their opponents, called Ka Mate.

I found the translation from Wikipédia website:

The "Ka Mate" haka generally opens with a set of five preparatory instructions shouted by the leader, before the whole team joins in:
"Ka Mate"
Leader:Ringa pakia!Slap the hands against the thighs!
Uma tiraha!Puff out the chest.
Turi whatia!Bend the knees!
Hope whai ake!Let the hip follow!
Waewae takahia kia kino!Stomp the feet as hard as you can!
Leader:Ka mate, ka mate'I die, I die,
Team:Ka ora' Ka ora''I live, 'I live,
Leader:Ka mate, ka mate'I die, 'I die
Team:Ka ora Ka ora "'I live, 'I live,
All:Tēnei te tangata pūhuruhuruThis is the hairy man
Nāna i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā...Who caused the sun to shine again for me
A Upane! Ka Upane!Up the ladder, Up the ladder
Upane Kaupane"Up to the top
Whiti te rā,!The sun shines!
Hī!Rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment