Sunday, May 18, 2014

Ending the Brazilian Season...

6th in the Brasilia Sesc Triathlon...
(Pic: MundoTri)
 
Since the very beginning I was feeling exhausted, Im not sure if this was due to the over-training of past weeks, or if it could also be an imbalance of my thyroid hormone production, diagnosed a few days ago on a routine blood exam.

I raced well, besides feeling very tired specially on the swim and bike portion.
I missed the podium when running for the last lap, when I had a strong belly cramp.
 
My parents saved the "Cavanhas" name!!
Bringing two trophies of their age groups!!

It was great to have my parents here in Brasilia, It has been more than 10 years since our last trip all together in the same airplane. (We missed my young brother!)
Model of family, I mean, a model for any comic family movie, with our mess and laughts!! Lol

Well, as family is suppose to be! The truth is that the sport brought us closer. I am almost 30 yo and this was the first time I had a chat with my father about sexuality! He is very quiet when it is not about politics! He is also synonym of patience and he is the strongest base point in our family.
 
If characters I would be that boring one, with no patience and always complaining at my moms individuality and materiality. The bike is her precious and nobody can touch it, the bike goes super packed. Just illustrating the exaggeration part, you can find in the same closure: a locker, a zip tie and a plastic seals, to make sure nobody will try to get into it! haha
 
Well, I will miss them! This race was the last one in the South America, and tomorrow I am heading to US, where I will be racing some more in the North hemisphere Summer!
 
The first one is the Panamerican Championship in Dallas, May 31st, and two weeks later, the next one is a World Cup on June 15th in Mexico.

Both will be summing points to 2016 Rio Olympic Games! #herewego!!
 
Other focus is to treat my thyroid and to discover how the Brazilian Federation will organize the trials to the 2015 Toronto Pan-american Games!!

No comments:

Post a Comment