Friday, June 10, 2011

Training in LA has been a priceless experience!


Things are progressing well after nearly one month of training, the difference in my workouts is radical and I hope that the race results are too!
My training partners are all very focused and all aim at great results, so the climate is full of motivation! Motivation should be the second name of my coach Siri Lindley,  because she is brilliant at inspiring us even on the days we do not have the strength to get out of bed!

Besides our beautiful team, I was sooooo lucky to find wonderful people here!
With Chris Foster´s help using Twitter, I met Renata a Brazilian who lives and trains here and is a member of the LA Tri Club.  She had a great idea and sent an email to tri club members asking if anyone could host me as a homestay.
I was very lucky to be greeted by a awesome couple Mark and Crista McCain (in the picture with me on a soccer match of L.A. Galaxy). They are very athletic and such nice people and they gave me a room to stay in while training here.
Crista was a college  athlete and knows the hassles we athletes have to endure,  that is until you get a great sponsor ...

They are helping me so much, not only as friends, but  now I have a new manager, an english teacher and gourmet cook, OMG!! You can't believe the delicious gluten-free foods Crista can make!!

If I call her mother, she kills me, because she is almost my age!
So instead I have to say I have a family two new brothers and a sister. There is also Dugan,  a chocolate labrador who is always around the house wanting to play with his dinosaur!
These days I found a little piece of Brazil when we went to Cafe Brazil restaurant, where I had  a nice sugar cane drink, with yuka fries and a steak bbq with rice and beans and "farofa", a kind of toasted yuka flour! Uhuuuuuuu, that was really tasty!!! :-D

My focus is now on the two Pan American Cups in Colombia, the first one will be in Cartagena, where I am right now,  the first one will be on June 12th and next one will be on 18th, in Guatapé!!

No comments:

Post a Comment