Saturday, May 7, 2011

Trainning in the Desert!

Almost three weeks training in the USA, today its time to show some pics ot this new experience!
 Desert...
 Riding in the desert!
Another view of the desert!!
It is... as you can see, these have been my super different training places! Sand, sand, cactus, road and more sand! Occasionally I can see a car, a lizard or a hare, to remind me that I'm not on a Martian expedition!
State of California, more precisely Borrego Springs!
I am starting a new season of training, spending a month in BorregoSprings!
Hot Days and Cold Nights!!
It is a super small town, the center is a block where there is a police station, a grocery store, a hotel, about four stores, a petrol station, two coffee shops and a gym, where I live!
This is my coach, Siri Lindley in 2001, winning the world champion tittle! Every day I wake up in the gyms room looking at this poster, plastered on the wall! Not bad, to motivate beautiful day of hard workouts!
In hot and dry days, the workouts are hard. The advantage is that every drop of sweat makes your own job, cause it dries almost instantly, cooling the body!
This is our pool, also known as fish bowl! It is on the backyard of Siris home, very different from any pool, it simulates the choppy water from open water races!
Clouds are rare! But when they come form beautiful landscapes!
Borrego Springs is surrounded by mountains! Some workouts are challenging!
Going Up!!
The climate is so dry that out of the water, we get dry in just 3 minutes! Three chilly, breezy minutes! Once, I forgot a wet towel inside my bag, was already prepared for a bad smell of mold! But when I saw it was perfectly dry... I was suprised!
Me, Siri, Takka & Donna!!
"V" of Vãnha, Victory!!
This is Borrego Springs! Smaller is the town, the better is to focus on training, all we need is a fish bowl, and loooots of asphalt!

No comments:

Post a Comment