Friday, May 13, 2011

Monterrey World Cup

After a stressful week with the Brazillian Federation, there I was in Mexico!
Hope soon they can create some objetive rules for the substituition process...

Well, about the race, was nothing close to a good one, but I gave my best on that day!!
I was feeling good! Made a perfect last week of work-outs, and even on the warm up I was feeling ready to goooo...
Started well, and after 800m swimming, again felt arms weak and couldn't go harder...

Although only three weeks after Australia and Japan races, I thought I could improve well my performance. I know that what is lacking is some anaerobic endurance, and a great adaptation to this stimulus should take approx. 16 weeks... So lots of work to do!!
Well, if when you are not good on the water, is better to ride! So I killed myself cycling!
We got the first group missing three of eight laps. There was no time to rest, the group was pushing too hard, several fall offs and attacks, breaks the rhythm every lap...
I made the 6th best bike split, and I think I paid the price in the run course!
There was no way to run, since the first lap was feeling like my body was lock and spleen pain, thought that holding on the first lap it could get better, but I still suffering the whole 10k...
Happy to see the finish line, but after I felt a little blues from a bad race...

Now I am training here in Los Angeles, planning the next races, which maybe would be two Pan American Cups in Colombia.

Special thanks to Jay Prasuhn the photographer/journalist, from LAVA Magazine, who provided these amazing pictures posted here! And also gave me a big help during the mexican trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment