Sunday, January 4, 2015

Amateur, Elite or Professional!?

On my last post, Rogério and Fabio's comments, motivated me to shoot this vlog to chat a little more about the idea of doing a last season as an amateur athlete, who chases to be an Olympian. 

That's right, I consider myself an amateur athlete, besides having many accomplishments on professional races, I have never had sponsors that generated employment obligations such as a contract, warranties and the most important thing, a salary. And thats why I think I could be described as an Elite, but not as a Professional. 

Anyway this video is not to show the negative aspects of being an amateur, but also to show that the sport has a lot to offer, as much as physical, psychological maturation and discoveries you find out only when compromising yourself 100% to be the best you can, and sometimes winning is not the most important thing...

The video is a humurous chat with my friend Giovani Sturion. Driving on the way to a bike workout we debated ideas, similarities and differences of being an amateur and a professional athlete.

You can start watching from the bike workout, clicking here, or you can train your Portuguese and watch the full version bellow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment