Sunday, June 15, 2014

Huatulco World Cup

One of the hardest races of my life!
On my fourth attempt, for the first time I couldn't finish the Huatulco World Cup.

I had a good swim on the first lap, but then I started to fatigue.
I didn't had enough strength to ride with the second group and endend up by myself, passing and being passed by a few other athletes.
The heat and humidity was really intense and on every climb from eight, someone would get dropped from the big pack.

I pushed really hard, as I knew that the big pack would be slowly falling apart, as it happened. But I couldn't gain any positions.

On the last two laps I felt like riding with compatriots, an American (where I live) and an Argentinian (where my girl lives!). We were pushing as fast as we could and when completing the last bike lap, we were "invited" to pull over, as the first runner had reached the point where no more cyclists could be on the course. (26 of 56 competitors dnf)

I was feeling weak and missed training performance, the only good thing about a bad race is that it motivates me to train more and more to get better for the next one!

Now on I will take a few days off, to start a neat training block in the altitude of Boulder, CO!

Arriba muchachos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment