Wednesday, April 25, 2012

18th place at New Orleans 70.3 Ironman


Due to strong winds, the race became a Duathlon.

Ok, the winds were not as strong as the picture shows! For those who did not notice my Pinocchio nose, I morphed the trees in the photo! lol
With 5 inch waves, the swim portion could have been done without difficulty!! But the organizers were concerned about problems with the the boats and life-guards ability to keep the race safe.  So we went for a 2 mile run, 51 mile bike and another 13.1 mile run.
I really enjoyed the race.  After so much stress chasing a spot in the Olympic Games, nowadays I am having fun every minute; without pressure or Federative enemies to deal with.

I have been riding in the time trial position for four weeks, but am still not comfortable with it yet, so I suffered on the bike course. Before running I had a 4 minute penalty for drafting and then I went for the half marathon, where I ran 1h13min56sec.
Afterwards, I went to explore the Jazz city with my team-mate, Mighty Mags. The city is really cool and the French Quarter is filled with night clubs and bars where the main theme is Mardi Gras, which resembles Brazilian Carnival!!

Arriving back in Los Angeles, I made some adjustments to the bike, and now I am focusing on Wildflower Half-Ironman, which takes place May 5th, here in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment