Sunday, March 18, 2012

2nd place at the South American Championship!!

Consolidating the good phase, yesterday I got the silver medal on the South American Championship, held in Santiago, Chile.
The race was perfect! Which does not mean comfort. I believe that the unpredictability adds much more value on any race!!

I swam pretty well, but did not positioned myself well on the pack, I rode badly, even though this was my highlights, I ran more consistently but switched several positions!
On the whole race I went through ups and downs and while sometimes I thought I could win, on some moments I thought I would not reach the top 10!

The goal was to get a top 3 on the South American Champioship, where I got 2nd!!
Yet on the Panamerican Cup, I got 3rd, while a Mexican athlete arrived a position in front of me.
Not being supported by the Brazilian Confederation, this race ends my Olympic distance period.
And here I go!! Its time to kick off the long distance season!
The debut in the longer distances is already scheduled and takes place on March 31th, in Oceanside, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment