Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cozumel Triathlon ITU World Cup

I have just done the race here in Cozumel, México. And have you ever felt happy after having a bad race!? Well, that is what has happened to me! 
My race wasn't so bad, well maybe it was, because I actually not even finished the challenge (750m swim, 20k bike and 5k run). I had to stop due to an  injury in the Achilles tendon.

But I am not only happy to be watching the Caribean Sea! This race was different right from the beggining, I was feeling good and strong! Can't really tell when was the last race I felt that way, like having the guts to bike and run after swimming, instead I used to feel as the whole thing was such a struggle. In the last 2-3 years I was always exhausted, maybe one good training here and there but that was it. Even when not training I would feel miserable. I have no idea how my girl Florencia could stand me! Last year we were here in the Caribean Sea too, and almost the whole time in the Hotel, walking even a block used to be a huge sacrifice.

Mistery solved, and last year I discovered a problem with my thyroid, maybe too much trainning and eating wrong made me to have this hormone imbalance.  

I started to treat it two months ago, and on this race I could see the enourmous difference of coming back to normal. So despite not finishing the race I had a "test-drive" that brought lots of motivation to keep fighting and look forward to the next races!!

til the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment