Friday, July 5, 2013

Working out in Boulder!

Two weeks of acclimating and the workouts are almost like in the NTP pattern!!
Actually we are suppose to crave for Oxygen while doing any workout, the difference here is that the breathless sensation starts way before any sign of muscle fatigue, what it makes it kinda funny!
(Ward, CO - @ 9.440ft, pic: coach Siri)

The good news is that I'm already running 50k's per week, and adios to that hip injury! So the expectations are getting bigger (not much tho!) for Boulder Peak Triathlon in a few days.

(Heading to wkout at 5:15am)

Well deserved day-off yesterday, for the reason of two days ago... It was tense:
From bed to swimming pool, starting at 5:30;
Swim done, ate and took a nap;
Woke up, ate and went for a bike ride;
120km's later I was like trash!
The plan became short and clear: food and sleep. I didn't even have time to shower, and so, to keep the sheets clean I slept on the floor!
I blacked out, drooled, dreamed, and woke up thinking that someone was calling my name! Lol. It was already 5pm and I made a huge effort to wake up, as I had made plans with some friends, to explore a bit of Boulder that night.
(At Downtown with Gui, Pati and Alexandre!)

Today I am feeling way better! Just smashed another 5k swim at 5:30am again! And later Im going to do a run at the Reservoir, where the race is going to be held at July 14th!!
Can't wait!!

PS: Thanks Valerie for reviewing my grammar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment