Friday, June 7, 2013

Spinning the Pedals!

I missed sharing the news on my blog!
I have been doing a lot of micro-blogging throught twitterinstagram and facebook, but nothing like my own space in the blogosphere!! 

Maybe my lack of motivation to write was due to a bad injury that has persisted for more than 6 months now, alternating between right knee and hip. I missed a couple races and still not a 100% yet.
Actually I was surprised when I first noticed that it was already 6 months. I am being pretty good on keeping myself optimistic and motivated in training (maybe more than I should), always adding new goals and plans for the season. And while some days I could barely walk, on others I feel like ready to race a full Ironman!

I like this quote: "Life is like riding a bike, to be in balance you need to keep moving!"
Recently I signed a new partnership deal with Xterra Wetsuits, so I will be training and racing powered by all the awesome Xterra gear!!

Im very excited and this week I had the opportunity to meet and work with the Xterra crew while doing a photo shoot in San Diego.
While in San Diego I could see some family members and had a great time exploring the area. My favorite spot was the La Jolla Cove, where I enjoyed a rad ocean swim with a pod of seals passing just a few centimeters from me!!

Siri's team is moving to Boulder and I will soon be heading to the Colorado Rockies...

Feeling better each day, I hope to be at full speed, and train like never before for the races of the second semester. Hopefully this blog will be on fire soon!! :)
(La Jolla Cove)

No comments:

Post a Comment