Tuesday, September 4, 2012

11th at 70.3 Brazil!

Ok, I know it took forever to write this race report!! But, after spending 5 months in US, it was not easy to update the blog while at home for just one week!
The 70.3 Brazil surprised me with such good organization and structure that it would be the envy of any international race. The weak point was the three lap cycling course, which made regulation of drafting almost impossible.
For my personal race, nothing was close to what I had expected.  I felt tired and the effort I put out was not translating to the speed I expected on the bike.  I couldn’t understand why I felt so weak. 
Afterwards I discovered that a spacer which I put between frame and crankset created additional resistance, and probably cost me some minutes...
But I don’t want to think about the “ifs”, and now I am already based in LA with total focus on the 70.3 World Champs, where I can’t wait to race on the next weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment