Thursday, October 13, 2011

37th at Huatulco World Cup, México

I thought it would be really hard, and maybe I would not be prepared. But I did it!!
I arrived at the Mexican World Cup without worryies about results!
The goal was accomplished, I did the best I could and had fun in the whole race!!

Of course, is a kind of masochist fun!! I suffered a lot, but who will say that it is not fun any arduous climb to the summit of a mountain!?
I believe the secret is not to pursue your dream... but live it!!
I did not make one of my best races, despite having swum much better then the others WCs, on the first lap of the cycling course I felt my legs weak, and could not stay with the pack, on the course there was a big hill plus the heat of the asphalt, I was climbing inside a sauna, was close to 3 minutes like in the hell!! Probably the thermal sensation was about 45°C... I was suffering so much, but as I saw the others suffering too, I was enjoying it, like lets see who takes that for longer!!

I started to feeling better on each lap, but the first pack was already on a big gap, so I enjoyed the group of about 5 (which were not always the same 5, some were catched, and others were dropped out).
I left to run amost creeping! But this was the game!! I knew that at the end of the race I would be glad to had been played the match till the end!!
Sometimes came into my mind that I had invested a lot of money and time to be there and I did not have a good performance, but soon I realized that I could enjoy every minute on the pursuit of my dream!
Another lesson learned!!

On the next day was my birthday, so I tried enjoy myself a bit more suffering on the Huatulco beaches, as on the pictures above!!
This are not wrinkles of the time, but from the wind speed!
Neither are white hairs, but water drops on 60kph!!
Ok, all right, I was getting older at that day!!! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment