Monday, July 11, 2011

DNF at Edmonton World Cup...

Another race, and I was super excited (like the shot above :-S), I believed that I would at least make the second pack of swimmers... But I had no chance, I swam so badly and ended up with the last guys, I was exhausted  and could barely run in the sand on the way to get my bike...

Not much to say about the race result... It was so painful to give up. I feel I have a social responsibility, because I am not only investing my life, but the time of many people to reach my Olympic goal. I know I did my best, but something was lacking, so I decided to not participate in the upcoming World Cups. As for the next couple of days I will invest time in training.

I'm not at my happiest, but I'm not close to quitting! I told myself that I would continue racing until 2012 with or without sponsorship and like I said this will be!

I cannot complain, this year is been pretty good. Here in America things are going really well! I am very lucky to have found a great team with Siri Lindley, great friends and training partners. And what about my American family! Crista and Mark accompanied me in Edmonton and gave me huge support, we had so much fun, despite the bad result...

So let's goooo... time to train!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment